VIEW AS ‘Month’ for calendar option
- This event has passed.
HHL2018 – 10th Annual Conference on Health & Humanitarian Logistics, Dubai
July 18 - July 19
The aim of the 10th annual Health & Humanitarian Logistics (HHL) Conference is to provide an open forum to discuss the challenges and new solutions in disaster preparedness and response, long-term development and humanitarian aid, and global health delivery. The conference platform encourages learning and collaboration within and across institutions; promotes system-wide improvements in organizations and the sector as a whole; identifies important research issues; and establishes priorities for nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), corporations, and the government in terms of strategies, policies and investments.
Representatives from the humanitarian sector, government, NGOs, foundations and private industry, and academia present diverse perspectives in health and humanitarian challenges through keynote addresses, panel discussions, focused workshops, lunchtime group discussions, and interactive poster sessions covering a broad set of research topics and applications.
This is the first time, the conference will be hosted in Dubai, a staple humanitarian hub, and it is sure to bring together an abundance of professionals active in the global health and humanitarian sectors from around the world. The event is co-organized by the Georgia Tech Center for Health & Humanitarian Systems (CHHS), NCSU, INSEAD Humanitarian Research Group, MIT Humanitarian Response Lab, Northeastern University, The International Association of Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL) and People that Deliver.
- Özlem Ergun, Northeastern University
- Jarrod Goentzel, Humanitarian Response Lab, MIT
- Pinar Keskinocak, Center for Health & Humanitarian Systems (CHHS), Georgia Tech
- Julie Swann, Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, NCSU
- Luk Van Wassenhove, Humanitarian Research Group, INSEAD
- Liz Igharo, The International Association of Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL)
- Dominique Zwinkels, People that Deliver (PTD)
- Early registration ends Tuesday, April 24
- The conference does not provide any additional funding for travel or other costs for conference participants.
Registration includes attendance to the conference program, workshops, and related materials.
*The first two participants to register from each NGO are eligible to apply for a refund of their registration fee. The reimbursement will be processed AFTER the registrant completes the conference. NO financial assistance will be provided for participants other than limited support for degree-students presenting posters (see posters page for details).
An Event not listed? Let us know! Contact Us